Ways to Participate
JURIED ART EXHIBITION APPLICATION
The MOJA Arts Festival: a Celebration of African-American and Caribbean Art, is the City of Charleston’s multi-disciplinary festival which celebrates the rich heritage of African and Caribbean cultures. MOJA, a Swahili word meaning “One”, is the appropriate name for this celebration of harmony amongst people. Most importantly, the MOJA Arts Festival highlights the many African-American and Caribbean contributions to western and world cultures. Offering theatre, dance, music, visual arts, films and lectures, the MOJA Arts Festival is produced and directed by the City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs and the all-volunteer MOJA Arts Festival Planning Committee.
· All artists must be Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or South Carolina residents.
· Submit a maximum of 5 JPEG images on a formatted CD, using your last name and image number as the file name.
· Indicate price to be listed, or Not for Sale
· Submitted work on CDs must represent available work available for the September 1 – October 3 exhibition. Artwork sold during the exhibition must remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
· Shipping and delivery/pick-up expense are the artist’s responsibility.
· Submit a $25 non-refundable check or money order fee payable to City of Charleston.
· Send a self-addressed stamped (correct size) envelope with proper postage for return of CDs.
· Send all application material to: Francina Smalls-Joyner, Visual Arts Coordinator, Office of Cultural Affairs, 180 Meeting Street, Ste. 200, Charleston, SC 29401
DEADLINE: August 4, 2014 by 5:00pm
CLICK HERE FOR AN APPLICATION
The City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs is seeking Event Volunteers for the 2014 MOJA Arts Festival to assist with ushering at festival events, taking tickets, handing out programs, providing information to festival attendees, working in concessions and merchandise booths, assisting in arts and crafts activities tents, and serving as visual arts docents for gallery exhibitions.
HOW TO APPLY: Call Francina Smalls-Joyner, Volunteer Services & Visual Arts Coordinator (843) 958-6459; Email JoynerF@charleston-sc.gov to be added to the mailing list
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Ongoing
BECOME A “FRIEND OF MOJA”
The cost for one column line patron listing is $25.00
The cost for one column line listing for a company or business is $75.00
Click HERE to download the Friends of MOJA pledge card or donate ONLINE
Please type or print your name on the form as you wish it to appear in the MOJA program guide.
Payment: Credit card or check
Please make checks payable to: The City of Charleston/Friends of MOJA
ATTN: Friends of MOJA
City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs
180 Meeting Street, Suite 200, Charleston, SC 29401